Nowadays, all businesses, regardless of size, require an ever-increasing amount of technology to stay securely connected to their applications, employees, vendors, and customers. While the benefits of staying ultra-connected and reliant on technology can greatly improve the efficiency of business, the complexities involved in properly setting up and maintaining that technology can be intimidating and costly.
Many small- to medium-sized businesses face difficulties when availing themselves of advanced technology offerings, as they do not have the internal expertise to design, setup, or manage their technological requirements. The most common concerns with internally supported data centers are:
- Where will the data center be located?
- What’s the appropriate space needed for a data center?
- What will be the total cost to build/maintain a data center?
- How will the center be kept physically secure?
- How will the center be kept cool?
- What system will be used for non-electronic-damaging fire protection?
- How will the systems be redundantly connected to the Internet?
- What will provide redundant power?
- How will all the servers and devices be monitored?
- Who will perform emergency maintenance to the systems when needed 24/7/365?
- How will the data be backed up off-site?